If you're only an MBBS graduate you probably already know that you have to crack PGMEE by hook or by crook. But let us still talk about why you need to do this.
If you practice with only MBBS degree in a private hospital your career growth will be only around 5-10% a year and you'll never move up the hierarchy. As sad as it is but it's the truth. MBBS alone doesn't give you any exclusive value these days.
But with a PG degree you jump many levels up the hierarchy to start with and possibilities are endless from there.
So any MBBS grad who does not want to settle for a mediocre life and career will compete for a clinical PG seat, including you.
What should you do then?
Short answer: Prepare for the PGMEE and crack the exam to get a clinical PG seat. We know that sounds obvious but if you can't afford to(or don't want to) buy a seat in private college then this entrance exam is your only option.
Long Answer: We know that the PGMEE is not an easy task and cracking this exam is going to take a lot out of you, probably everything that you have. You might be a mediocre student in MBBS but when you're competing for a PG seat you're at a level playing field. Follow these steps and your class mates will be surprised(shocked really) to see your success.
- Be dedicated towards your preparation: You will have to study for hours together for months to be ready for the final showdown. According to our estimates, 2,000 hours to be precise(for an average student).
- Know the correct approach to study effectively.
- Make a study plan: Failing to plan is planning to fail. Recognize your weak areas and plan your preparation accordingly. Click here if you need help making a realistic study plan.
- Research for the syllabus and the important topics covered in the exam paper. Click here to download the list of important topics compiled by PrepLadder experts.
- Join a coaching centre that will polish your skills for the exam.
- Practice and Revise, this might be more important than the initial preparation itself. Practice on online test series, since bigger exams like AIPGMEE, AIIMS PG and DNB CET are now online. Practicing online test series will generate a similar exam like environment and alleviate test related anxiety.
So why waste an year or two, when you know you have to do all this eventually. The sooner you do it, the better it will be. Get yourself together and set up your mind for a clinical PG degree and religiously prepare for the entrance exam.
And when you decide that you're going to prepare for PGMEE with all your dedication, PrepLadder will be your trusted partner. We will always help you, no matter where you're stuck with your preparation.
You can always count on us to get free tips, tricks, motivation and guidance. Our experts will be at your disposal to resolve your queries and guide you.
You can also take advantage of our:
- Best quality simulation based mock tests that run on the same software that is used in the real exam
- Custom made improvement plan specially built for you
- Video lectures and so much more.
All this for free
Still have a question? Ask our community of 25,000+ doctors anything