NEET PG Dental/MDS exam is the eligibility cum entrance exam which serves as a sole basis for admission to the Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) course and has replaced AIPGDEE.
This exam is conducted by NBE and serves as the gateway for admission to most of the State Dental colleges, Private Universities, Deemed Universities and Private Dental Colleges.
This article will highlight the important details of the NEET MDS exam such as the Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Important Dates, Registration Procedure and other details.
The eligibility criteria has been listed below:
- Candidate must be a Citizen of India/Overseas Citizen of India.
- Candidate must be registered with the Dental Council of India/Any State Dental Council.
- Candidate must possess a B.D.S. degree from a recognised University/College and must have completed rotatory internship of minimum 12 months duration from a recognised dental college in India on or before March 31, 2017.
Also read: All myths about NEET PG Dental busted.
|NEET MDS 2017 Exam Pattern|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Language of Exam||English|
|Number of Questions||240|
Each question will carry different weightage
|Negative Marking||No Negative Marks|
The application procedure for NEET MDS is highlighted as follows:
- Candidates who wish to apply for NEET MDS are required to fill the online application form.
- Apart from filling the personal details, candidates are also required to upload a scanned copy of passport size photograph and signature.
Similar to AIPGDEE, NEET will be conducted once in a year, i.e. in November-December.
To see Information regarding the date of Online application forms and their submission, visit: NEET MDS 2017 Exam Dates Released
Why has NEET been re-introduced?
The Supreme Court re-considered its decision on conducting NEET based on the review petitions by the Dental Council of India (DCI).
The Supreme Court has directed that the NEET would serve as a single Eligibility cum Entrance test -and has been re-introduced based on the following 2 grounds:
- Through NEET, admissions would be conducted purely on merit basis
- The introduction of NEET would help in bringing transparency in the admission process.