The biggest surprise of this year's AIIMS PG was the introduction on Video/GIF based questions. This marks the beginning of a newer, more clinical based approach of AIIMS exam. Will NBE follow suit?
We collected information from 3,000+ students who took AIIMS PG exam on 18th November 2018 to help you understand how the exam was for others.
We have consolidated data from all the responses and have tried to present an accurate picture of the exam standard.
The exam was moderate to difficult:
- 35.4% of the students said that the exam was Difficult
- 61.6% remarked that the exam was Moderate
- Only 3% felt that the exam was Easy
Pattern of questions:
- Most questions were concept based clinical scenarios, candidates say that good clinical knowledge is required for cracking this exam.
- More than 30 image-based questions and 5-6 video-based questions
- There were around 15 repeat questions from previous AIIMS exam.
- A lot of topics were repeated and newer updates on those topics were asked.
Subjects with low weightage:
Anesthesia, Psychiatry, ENT, Biochemistry
Subjects with high weightage:
Medicine, Pathology, Surgery, OBGYN, Pharmacology
How many questions did students attempt?
According to our survey, the maximum number of candidates attempted 180-195 questions.
No. of questions attempted
Percentage of candidates
Here's what the students have to say:
A staggering 91.4% of students surveyed said that the PrepLadder all India exam by Dr. Pritesh Singh was very helpful and AIIMS PG was on the same pattern.
Thank you for the kind words, we wish you a successful career.
We're glad to share that more than 70% of the questions asked in AIIMS were direct repeats from PrepLadder's individual subject app content.
We will also share the solved exam with video explanations by The Dream Team soon.
Anatomy: Dr. Rajesh Kaushal
Physiology: Dr. Vivek Nalgirkar
Biochemistry: Dr. Smily Pruthi Pahwa
Pathology: Dr. Sparsh Gupta
Pharmacology: Dr. Gobind Rai Garg
Microbiology: Dr. Sonu Panwar
FMT: Dr. J Magendran
Ophthalmology: Dr. Sashwat Ray
ENT: Dr. Sarvejeet Singh
PSM: Dr. Vivek Jain
Medicine: Dr. Deepak Marwah
Surgery: Dr. Pritesh Singh
OBGYN: Dr. Prassan Vij
Pediatrics: Dr. Meenakshi Bothra
Orthopedics: Dr. Apurv Mehra
Dermatology: Dr. Manish Soni
Psychiatry: Dr. Praveen Tripathi
Anesthesia: Dr. Swati Singh
Radiology: Dr. Khaleel Ahmed
Stay tuned for more updates..