Microbiology is considered one of the toughest and most scoring subject in PGMEE and AIIMS.
Analyzing the previous two AIIMS exams suggests that all Microbiology questions came with an image. Therefore, one needs to master both theory and images in order to score high in Microbiology in PGMEE.
This article will enlighten you with the best books for preparing Microbiology and Most Important Topics of Microbiology from PGMEE perspective.
PrepLadder Experts recommend the following books for Microbiology preparation for PG entrance exams.
- Review of Microbiology by Apurba Sastry
- USMLE First Aid
Most Important Topics of Microbiology for PGMEE
Here is a Unit-wise list of the Most Important Topics of Microbiology:
1. General Microbiology
- Staining Techniques
- Culture Media
- Sterilization Techniques
- Bacterial Cell Wall
- Bacterial Growth Curve
- Staph, Streptococcus, Corynebacterium, Bacillus, Clostridium
- Enterococcus Family
- Pseudomans, Haemophilus, Brucella, Bordetella, Yersinia
- Helicobacter, Campylobacter
- Listeria, Legionella
- General properties of virus
- General properties
- Dimorphic fungi(special points of each)
- Wuchereria (Image)
- Images of Eggs of all Parasites
- Reaction Between Antigen and Antibody(Examples)
- Hypersensitivity Reaction (Examples)
Preparing the above-listed topics thoroughly would surely help you to answer Most of the questions from Microbiology and will help to you emerge among the Top-Rankers.
Stay Tuned for More Updates on PGMEE Preparation!