NEET PG being a highly competitive exam needs full concentration, dedication, and focus. Cracking entrance exam is not easy. Therefore, it’s extremely important to plan out a strategy and ace up your sleeves for the precious time before the exam.
Everyone strives to do his/her best as competition is much high. But there is always “Survival of the fittest”. For this, you first need to be optimistic and have faith in yourself and study hard to be a winner.
This blog will help and guide you to prepare and make a strategy for your exam as this stage is crucial and many lose their confidence due to lack of motivation. So keep motivated and continue with your preparation.
Set your goals
- Spend a good amount of 10-12 hours per day studying subject wise.
- Take subject wise tests after completing each subject.
- Try and finish everything once before September first week. Then start your first actual revision, and finish it by October.
- Start a quick second revision, it should take around a month. Only study your weak topics, not everything.
- Then get back and revise a final third time, this time complete syllabus in 15 days.
- Only study what you think is your weakness.
Taking down notes while studying will help you in revision and having a quick glance before the actual exam. It is always easier to go through the notes rather than picking up the book while revising.
Also read: How to make high yield notes.
Smart study along with the hard work yields beneficial result. Refer to previous year question papers to know the pattern of the exam and important topics that can’t be ignored. This will save your time and is the key to success for many toppers.
Also read: How to study all 19 subjects for NEET PG.
Refrain from using too many study resources
- Some candidates are under a wrong impression that if they access to a number of study material, greater are the chances of scoring high. But the reality is that it will create more confusion and will leave you confused.
- It is important to make sure that you are using books as per the exam syllabus. No book will guarantee total success until and unless you are clear with the concepts and able to attempt the questions during the exam. What guarantees your success is how you utilize your limited study resources to your own advantage.
Clear your queries
- Even though you must not go after controversial questions and waste your time, you should also not let your conceptual doubts persist.
- Do not shy away from asking doubts from peers or teachers.
- PrepLadder is the only platform that provides it's premium members a real time connect with the faculty.
- You can ask unlimited doubts and they'll be answered by subject experts within 24 working hours.
Click here to register for PrepLadder's 2018 PGMEE Packs.
- Having a test day experience is very important, so that nothing surprises you during the exam.
- PrepLadder is the only platform that provides same software as the real AIIMS and NEET PG exams.
Revision is the most important step of your preparation. Revising your subjects from time to time will keep you well versed and will clear your concepts. Use your notes, never refer to new sources while revising.
Attempt Mock tests
Enrolling for an online test series will give you an edge as it will familiarize you with the pattern of exam, set up your speed and help in time management. It will also let you analyze and evaluate your weak points and areas which will improve your short-comings. A mock test will mentally prepare you to face the competition in real NEET-PG exam.
Tricks for clearing NEET-PG exam:
Other than the tips mentioned above, we would also like to share some tricks that will also ease and help to clear your exam. These tricks are as follows:
- Revise your syllabus at least 3 times before taking exam. Have a proper schedule like how, what and when to revise. If you will follow this trick, surely your chances of clearing the exam will increase.
- Don’t start any new topic one or two days before your exam. This crucial time is just for revision and practicing.
- While answering the questions during exam, read all the options provided. And try to read the option from below to upward. Usually, we read upward to below and normally 1st or 2nd option feels to be the correct one. But this is a trap; you should read all the options and then decide accordingly which option to choose. If you think 1st option is the correct one, still go through all the other options, be sure and then mark your answer.
- Last but not the least trick is to be confident. During preparation you will have bouts of hopelessness, many people give up preparation mid way due to this. Just remember that it happens to everybody, people who persist through it are the once who succeed. Give your best and stay confident and optimist throughout the whole process.
There is no shortcut when it comes to success. Hard work with little smartness is all you need. A genuine effort with an optimist vision surely yields a positive result.
We wish all the aspirants all the best for their future and hope this article will help them in their preparations.
You can always count on PrepLadder for any help with PG preparation.