This blog contains information for all the candidates who are taking admission for PG medical courses in Assam. The second round of counseling for admission in PG courses in four Medical Colleges of Assam for session 2017-2018 has been announced.
Candidates who appeared in Assam state for the session 2017 conducted by NBE, New Delhi and have eligibility criteria for the admission into P.G courses are requested to appear for the counseling and admission as given schedule. Candidates who have already taken admission according to 1st counseling can also appear for the 2nd counseling in case of change of course and college against available vacant seats as per their merit position.
The updated merit list after giving 3% additional marks have been uploaded in the official website.
Candidates appearing in the counseling
1. Candidates who belong to Unreserved, reserved category and N.E.C and secured 50% marks and above in the Assam state merit list of NEET-P.G 2017.
2. Candidates secured minimum 50% marks after giving additional marks according to P.G admission rules must also appear in the counseling.
(If counseling process could not be completed on this day, the remaining candidates shall have to appear by next day which is May 19, 2017 at 10:00 am. Candidates have to appear accordingly)
May 19, 2017
1. For State Health Service Quota Candidates: Under general category, candidates who secured 50% marks and above in the Assam State merit list of NEET P.G 2017 and those secured 40% marks and above in the Assam State Merit list of NEET-P.G 2017 under SC/ST(P)/ST(H) and OBC / MOBC category.
2. Candidates who are under SC/ST(P)/ST(H) & OBC/MOBC category securing 40% marks and above in the Assam State Merit list of NEET-P.G 2017
(If Counseling process could not be completed on same day, the remaining candidates have to appear on next day which is May 20, 2017 at 10:00 am. Candidates have to appear accordingly.
Venue and Time:
Office of the Director of Medical Education, Assam Sixmile Khanapara Guwahati-22 at 10:30 a.m. onwards.
- The State Health Service Quota candidates should bring original letter which is issued by Joint Director of Health Services, Assam of the concerned district countersigned by the Director of Health Services, Assam/ Director of Health Services (FW) Assam certifying their rural service at the time of counseling. The format of this certificate are available on this Official website.
- The Candidates must come prepared for the admission at the same time, date & venue of counseling along-with necessary admission fees/ counseling fees.
- Candidates have to deposit the original documents as specified in Assam Medical College (Regulation of Admission to Post Graduate Courses) Rules, 2006 (Amendment up to 2012).
- Post selection, the candidates allotted the seats under State Quota including candidates of State Health Services Quota need to execute a duly registered agreement on a non-judicial stamp paper of the value of Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred) only in the format as appended in Appendix-Il of the Assam Medical Colleges (Regulation of admission to Post Graduate Courses) Rules, 2006 (Amended upto 2012) at the time of the admission. Required fee for registration of Agreement etc. shall have to be born by the candidates at the time of admission.
- Any candidate, who give false information /declaration to the Selection Board or in the Declaration Form his/her admission can be cancelled at any time and proceeding shall be drawn against such candidates under appropriate law which includes professional conduct etiquette and ethics of Medical Council of India's Regulation.
- Candidates should be able to show their Permanent Registration Certificate, certificate for Completion of one year Rural Service in Assam etc. at the time of counseling, or else they shall not be eligible for admission according to provision of admission Rules.
- All selection/Admission shall be provisional.
- The Candidates, who are in Government Service shall be admitted provisionally and they are required to obtain a release order within 15(fifteen) days from the date of admission.
For Official Notification: Click Here
To Visit Official Website: Click Here
More Updates will Follow….
Keep Following PrepLadder!!