A common problem which is encountered by most of the Dental PG aspirants is that they tend to forget the topics which they have already studied.
Owing to the vast syllabi of NEET PG Dental, candidates often tend to forget some topics.
In this article, we will share the techniques to enhance your memory power.
Techniques to Enhance your Memory Power
1. Mode of Learning
Mode of learning has a massive impact on the mind’s ability to retain the information learnt.
The figure shows the percentage of stuff retained through different modes of learning.
Analysis shows that:
- 90% of the information is retained through teaching someone else
- 75% of the information is retained through practising in a simulated environment
- 50% of the information is retained through engaging in a Group Discussion
- 30% of the information is retained through Demonstration
- 20% of the information is learnt through Audio-Visual Mode
- 10% of the information is retained through Reading
- 5% of the information is retained from Lectures
From the above figure, it is clear that maximum information is retained through Teaching others or implementing what you have learnt.
When you teach others, you will come across numerous hurdles in explaining some topics. You will then prepare the topics again and this will help you in retaining the concepts for a longer duration.
Next mode which facilitates Higher Retention is Practising in a Simulated Environment. Attempting mock tests will help you get accustomed to the online platform and enhance your speed and accuracy.
The next mode is the Group Discussion which means clarifying doubts through discussion.
It is also evident from the figure that only a minor proportion of information is retained through lectures and reading.
An essential technique for enhancing retaining capacity is through taking a rich diet.
A Balanced Diet should include the following:
- Eat Vegetables: Eating vegetables in your diet will immensely help in increasing your retaining power. You must include vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage and dark-green leafy vegetables in your diet. Raw salad must also be an essential part of your diet since it has excellent memory boosting nutrients.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Omega-3 Fatty Acids help in maintaining good brain health. You must also take an adequate amount of DHA in your diet since it assists in improving memory power in young adults.
- Dry Fruits: You must take an adequate amount of walnuts and almonds in your diet since they have a positive impact on heart health and memory.
3. Meditation and Exercise
Meditation and exercise serve as a remedy for all the troubles including memory power. Staying fit will keep you vibrant and motivated while you study for long hours.
Compete with 12,000+ Dental PG aspirants and get tips to improve your scores.
4. Adequate Rest
It is a well-known fact that taking adequate amount of rest and sleep will help you retain the maximum of what you learn.
Do not stress yourself too much and take breaks at regular intervals.
Use the aforesaid tips to retain the maximum of what you study and make your revision easier.