Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Mr. Jagat Prakash Nadda had introduced the Dentists Amendment Bill in Lok Sabha on 19th July 2016.
The Bill got passed in the Rajya Sabha with almost unanimous support on 1st August 2016.
The bill has been introduced by making amendments to the Dentists Act, 1948.
The introduction of the bill will replace the Dentists (Amendment) Ordinance, 2016.
Implications of the Dentists Amendments Bill, 2016
- The bill has been passed to introduce a uniform entrance examination for admission to all dental educational institutions across the country. This would be applicable for admission to all undergraduate and post-graduate courses.
- States which have not opted for the uniform entrance examination for the session 2016-17 will be exempted from the provisions of the bill for admission to undergraduate courses for the session 2016-17. This provision is applicable to state government seats in Government and private dental institutions.
- The Bill states that the entrance examination would be conducted in all the languages of the Eighth schedule.
- The bill empowers the DCI to frame regulations with regard to:
- The authority designated with the conduct of the exams
- The manner of conducting the exam
- Specify languages in which the entrance examination will be conducted
Impact on MDS Aspirants
As per the provisions of the bill, NEET MDS will serve as the sole basis for admission to post-graduate dental courses in various Government and Private Dental Institutions across the country.
NEET MDS will cover a large number of colleges in comparison to AIPGDEE.
The introduction of the NEET MDS exam will introduce transparency in the admission process and reduce the corruption involved in the admission process.
Inside sources reveal that the NEET MDS exam will be conducted by the NBE and would comprise 300 questions.
As per the inside sources, negative marking will not be included in the NEET MDS exam.
NEET MDS exam is introduced to stop multiplicity of examinations and exploitation of candidates.
Inside sources also reveal that the exam would be conducted in Multiple sessions ranging over a number of days.
Enroll to Prepladder’s Online Mock Test Series which uses the same pattern and software as NEET MDS exam!
Stay Tuned for the latest updates on the NEET MDS preparation!