“The important thing is not to stop questioning.Curiosity has its own reason for existing- Albert Einstein”
The Indian Army is regarded as one of the largest component of Indian Armed Forces in which the president of India is considered as the supreme commander. This force is commanded by the Chief Army Staff (COAS). In India, 15th January is celebrated as Army Day.
The principal mission of Indian Army includes:
- To ensure national security and nationhood unity.
- Defends the nation from external violence and internal threats.
- Maintenance of peace and protection within the boundaries of the country.
Students have Plenitude of queries regarding Army Dental Corps recruitment for the post of Short Service Commissioned Officer. We are here to solve your queries.
In this blog,we are going to provide you with all the important information related to this recruitment, for instance, Eligibility criteria, Selection process, Physical and Medical standards, Merit List, Promotion etc.
As we all know, the vacancy of Army Dental Corps varies every year. Recently, they have made an announcement for the post of Short Service Commissioned Officer. Applications are invited from the eligible candidates for 56 vacancies which is available for registered dental students.
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Candidate must have completed BDS/MDS (with at least 55% in BDS) from any College or University recognized by DCI.
- Candidates must have completed one-year compulsory rotatory internship on or before 31 March 2017.
No condonation of internship of one-year period shall be considered except the following conditions:
- Students admitted during the academic session 2007-2008 with the completion of four & a half year BDS course along with 06 months compulsory rotatory internship.
- Students admitted during the academic session 2006-2007 at Rajah Muthiah Dental College, Annamalai University with the completion of 05 yrs. BDS Course without internship.
- Candidates must have registered themselves as Registered Dental Practitioners with any State Dental Council.
- The Permanent or Provisional Dental Registration certificate of the candidate which is registered by State Dental Council /DCI should be valid at least up to 31 Dec 2017.
- Candidate must have appeared in NEET MDS 2017 conducted by NBE New Delhi, as dated between November 30, 2016 to December 03, 2016.
- Age Limit: The maximum acceptable age for this post will be 45 years as on 31 Dec 2017.
- Candidate should be declared medically fit by the Medical Board, in all respects for service in Armed Forces Medical Services.
Also Read: Army Dental Corps 2017: Registration Open
The following documents are required during the submission of application:
- Matriculation (Class X)/ SSLC/ ICSE certificate/ Birth certificate issued by municipalities required for age proof.
- Copy of Registration/Admit Card-cum-Confirmation slip along with Testing ID (roll number) of the NEET (MDS)-2017.
- Score card of NEET (MDS)-2017.
- Nationality Certificate/ valid passport/ voter I-Card issued by Election Commission of India.
- Candidates must possess Aadhaar Card, issued by UIDAI, Govt. of India.
- Final year BDS Mark Sheets (Part I & Part II)( with atleast 55% marks in final BDS)
- Provisional Pass Certificate/ Degree Certificate of BDS and MDS.
- Completion certificate of Compulsory Rotatory Internship.
- Permanent/Provisional State Dental Council registration certificate.
- No Objection Certificate from the present employer, if any.
- Notification or any other authority clearly highlighting the name of the candidate regarding any change in the name after Matriculation (10th Class).
- A certificate may be needed from the college authorities as regarded by BDS/MDS Dental College/batch (of passed out candidate) and should be recognized by DCI.
- Attempt Certificate is required from the Head of the Institute.
- Two (02) Passport size photographs along-with the application form and Five(05)additional photographs are needed for further use. Identical passport size photographs are required at the time of interview in terms of shortlisted candidates for the medical documents.
- Applications should be Enclosed in a self-addressed post card for ‘Acknowledgement’ & one self- addressed envelope of size 23 cms x 10 cms with Rs 40/- postal stamps affixed through speed post/ Registered post. (Applications without envelope &postal stamps of the specified amount will be rejected).
- Candidates with five years of BDS (Not including internship) will affix fourth and fifth year mark sheets.
Note: All the documents should be self-attested along with duly-filled prescribed application form that can be downloaded from the official website. Originals documents should also be produced at the time of interview by shortlisted candidates.
- The candidates are required to produce all the original certificates for verification at the time of interview.Candidates without original Documents will not be allowed to attend the interview even if he/she has required merit. On the other hand, if any candidate has deposited the original documents with any other institution, it is compulsory to produce a certificate from the Dean / Head of the institution where he is presently admitted/ serving, certifying the same. Such candidate may be allowed to attend the interview process with photocopies of the certificates (attested by the Dean/Head of the Institution) along with the deposit certificate as mentioned above.
If any candidate is not able to produce the above mentioned documents during the time of interview, the candidature will be rejected.
Also Read: NEET MDS: The Gateway to Armed Forces
Eligible candidates are requested to enclose a non-refundable Demand Draft of any Nationalized Bank only for Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) payable at New Delhi in favour of “Director General Armed Forces Medical Services (APF Fund) / DGAFMS (APF Fund)” along with the application.
Selection procedure is based on the following criterias:
1. Screening of the candidates for Interview:
Candidates are shortlisted for the interview on the basis of the marks obtained in the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test, NEET (MDS)-2017 which is conducted by National Board of Examinations (NBE), New Delhi under the guidance of Ministry of Health & Family Welfare. The candidates will be screened according to this NEET (MDS)-2017 score card in the ratio of 1:10, to be called for interview which means for each advertised post , ten candidates will be called for the interview.
2. Interview: Shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview before a duly constituted Selection Board, at New Delhi to evaluate their appropriateness and merit for the post of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Army Dental Corps. The final selection will be based on the performance of the candidate in the interview.
3. Medical examination: The selected candidates will go through a medical examination for the evaluation of their medical fitness. The decision of the Medical Board will be considered as the final decision.
On the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the interview, a merit list would be prepared. Candidates from this merit list are strictly suggested to go through the Medical Examination to screen them whether they are medically fit or not.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL STANDARD
Medical Examination is compulsory for every shortlisted candidate. Candidates qualifying the interview will have to go through a Medical Examination which is duly constituted by Medical Board of AFMS for the determination of their medical fitness as per the standards for commissioning. Candidates declared as medically fit will be eligible for the post of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Army Dental Corps. If the Special Medical Board (SMB) declares a candidate as medically unfit, this would be followed by intimation and requesting for Appeal Medical Board to the candidate by the president of the Board.
Unfit candidates should report for AMB within a maximum period of 42 days from the day of the SMB. Candidates are suggested to appear for AMB in their own interest and should not wait for the last day given by the SMB. Candidates will be considered as Medically Fit only on acceptance of approved medical documents. After selection at interview or during pre-commission, if Pregnancy is detected at any stage, Medical Examination will consider the candidate as unfit and therefore debar the candidate from grant of commission.
The tenure of SSC Officers is found as 05 years which is extendable to 09 years in two spells. The first of 05 years and second of 04 years (total SSC tenure 14 years) for those who are ready to continue this service, subject to accessibility of vacancies & meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria for extension as per extant policy guidelines.
In Army Dental Corps, candidates commissioned as SSC officer, are employed as per service requirements, in any part of the country or abroad in Army, Navy or Air Force.
SALARY AND OTHER BENEFITS:
In AD Corps, the Civilian Dental surgeons are commissioned as Captain with a pay scale of PB-3 (15600-39100).
- Grade Pay of Rs. 6100/-
- Military Service Pay (MSP) of Rs. 6000/-
- Non Practicing Allowance (NPA) at the rate of 25% of Basic Pay + Grade pay + MSP and Dearness Allowance as admissible.
- Furthermore, entitled free rations, subsidized accommodation and allied facilities shall be provided.
- For MDS degree holders, PG allowance will be available with Rs. 1500/- p.m. or Specialist pay after fulfilling the mandatory requirements for the same.
- Officers are allowed to take annual leave of 60 days & 20 days Casual leave in a year. LTC, free medical services for self and family including dependent parents, Group Insurance of Rs. 75 lakhs & Canteen Stores Depot (CSD) facility etc. are also available.
- According to the implementation orders of the 7th Pay Commission, the present emoluments are subjected to revision.
ABOUT DEPARTMENTAL PERMANENT COMMISSION (DPC):
After completion of 2 years of service as SSC officer, candidates those who have not attained the age of 30 years (for BDS candidates) and 35 years (for MDS candidates) on December 31 of the year are considered as eligible to apply for limited number of vacancies available for Departmental Permanent Commission (DPC) as per extant policy guidelines.
Also Read: How to Prepare for NEET MDS in 8 months
As per present Training Rules, Service Professional career improvement through Post Graduation(PG) Courses is relevant for Permanent Commissioned (PC) officers. Furthermore, as per extant Training Rules & GOI/MoD Regulations, SSC Officers after proceeding on release are eligible for PG inservice institutions.
SSC officers, commissioned as Captain on entry are considered eligible for promotions up to the following ranks:
- As a Major (or Equivalent in Navy & Air Force) : After 4 years & 6 months of service
- Col. (or Equivalent in Navy & Air Force): After 11 years & 6 months of service.
As per rule, candidates holding 3 years MDS Degree will be eligible for 3 years antedate seniority. After completion of One year & Six Months of service, they will be promoted to the rank of Substantive Major.
Permanent Commission (PC) officers are eligible for time scale promotion. They are promoted up to the rank of Col. (TS), and after that also promoted up to the rank of Lt. Gen. by selection.
To Visit Official Website: CLICK HERE
More updates will be available….
Stay tuned with Prepladder…..