Series of scam related to medical admissions seems never ending as, after Vyapam like scam or NEET PG scam, there is another scam that has come to light through “The Times of India”. Dr. Anand Rai, whistleblower of these acclaimed medical scams, has alleged illegal admissions to MDS course in Madhya Pradesh dental colleges affiliated to Madhya Pradesh Medical Sciences University.
As published in TOI on August 23, Dr. Anand Rai had demanded a probe into this matter within 10 days through a high-level committee as he discharge letters to the state chief secretary and Prime Minister's Office. This led to the formation of three-member committee by MPMSU to probe these illegal admissions in various dental colleges of MP who are asked to submit the report within 7 days.
The committee is being headed by Vikram Vishwavidyalaya vice-chancellor Prof SS Pandey along with Barkatullah University vice-chancellor Prof Pramod Kumar Verma and MPMSU executive committee member Dr Chandresh Shukla.
PrepLadder takes the initiative to share the complete details of this matter, procured from TOI, with their readers to make you all aware regarding the shortcomings of the admission procedure in medical entrance examinations.
Allegations made by Dr. Anand Rai:
- According to Dr. Rai, out of 114 students admitted to MDS courses, as many as 100 students have secured seats illegally as most of them have not appeared in the mandatory NEET exam, in violation to Supreme Court guidelines on medical admissions.
- He also alleged that huge sums have been exchanged in this admission process as the university officials continued with the registration process without raising any objection, although they were aware about these illegal admissions i.e. clearly an example of corruption case. He has provided evidence as well to support his claims regarding the same which he obtained through RTI. He had demanded both civil and criminal action against such persons.
- Moreover, he stated that similar admissions are carried out by private institutions in MDS course under management quota which does not exist as per the admission guidelines. Additionally, many private colleges affiliated to private universities have not shared the data with government bodies regarding the admission process, and hence, probe should be carried out on them as well.
- Besides the above allegations, Dr. Rai has sought removal of university registrar during the probe because among the students admitted illegally, daughter of university registrar Dr SP Pandey was one of them and thus, he may influence the investigators while the probe is being carried out.
- He also added that there should be cancellation of such illegal admissions and prosecution of respective dean and owner of college, DME, registrar of the medical university should be undertaken.
Proceedings of the probe:
According to the article published in TOI on August 24, university’s vice-chancellor Dr RS Sharma stated that on conducting preliminary probe, it was observed that 7 private medical colleges had given admission to students who had not appeared for NEET which is a compulsory criterion as per the admission rules.
Dr RS Sharma stated that a student is registered on basis of the allotment letter which is issued by director medical education, marksheet of NEET and migration certificate; however, many colleges have failed to follow the procedure. Thus, such colleges have been issued notices.
More Updates are awaited…
Stay Tuned with PrepLadder!!