With the NEET-SS 2018 exam approaching, you must have started preparing. Books are an integral part of preparation for any competitive exam, especially for the candidates who are preparing without coaching. The changed exam pattern has created much chaos over what to study and what not.

Market is flooded with various books for the NEET SS Exam Preparation. The main aim of this blog is to acquaint you with the best books NEET SS Pediatrics. We have prepared a list of best books as per our detailed analysis and expert guidance.

Registrations now open for "DNB SS Pro Pack 2018"

Enroll Now  


Exam Pattern

40% of the questions shall be from Feeder Broad Specialty course and the remaining 60% shall be from the super specialty course selected by the candidate.

Moreover, NBE may club certain super specialties in which the numbers of seats offered are less.

NEET SS, this year will altogether be a different experience. Number of questions and duration of the exam is still to be notified for the new exam pattern. Negative marking is expected to be same as before.


Best Books for NEET-SS Pediatrics

General Pediatrics

  • Follow Nelson Text book of Pediatrics.
  • Go through the tables, bold lines.
  • Have a look on figures of Nelson Text Book.



Reading Nelson Textbook part of Neonatology + Cloherty Manual of Neonatal Care (8th edition) is a must.

If you have a good hold over the above mentioned 2 books, you can quickly go through Meherban Singh book of Neonatology and Avery’s textbook of Neonatology.



Read Nelson part of Gastroenterology + Gastroenterology by A. Rujaz.

Same applies for Hepatology as well.



Read Nelson part of Cardiology + Neonatal Cardiology from Cloherty & Meherban Singh + Park’s Cardiology text book + Ghai’s Cardiology



  • Read Nelson text book Oncology part.
  • Go through Lanzkhowsky’s Manual of Pediatric Hematology & Oncology + Oncology part of Harrison.


Go through atleast one undergraduate book. You can choose a book written by one of the following authors:

  • Kiran Shankar Das
  • Taruna Mehra
  • Arvind Arora

Read recent advances and changes in the guidelines.

Concise all the important points from different books into one so that it becomes easy to revise. If you are a late runner, then we would advise you not to read too many books.


We would suggest you practice few mock tests before the actual exam to familiarize yourself with the changed exam pattern. Practicing a Test Series will help you to implement your knowledge of theory.

Be confident & keep working hard.

Best Wishes

Team PrepLadder

Download the New PrepLadder App