NEET Super Speciality examination is the gateway entrance examination for all M.Ch courses in India. NEET-SS is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination for various post graduation courses. As per the Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Act, 2016 w.e.f. 2017 admission session., qualifying NEET-SS is mandatory for getting admissions in M.Ch. courses under various Universities/Institutions in the country. No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to M.Ch Courses.

"NEET SS Guarantee Pack" updated according to new pattern

Enroll Now  

 

New in NEET- SS 2018

A latest notification, dated February 2, 2018, indicates a few major changes in NEET SS 2018.

  • One can choose a maximum of two super speciality courses for which your broad specialty qualification is eligible.
  • The new pattern will comprise of 40% questions from the feeder broad specialty course and the remaining 60% shall be from the super specialty course selected.
  • NBE may club certain super specialities in which the number of seats offered are less.

 

HOW TO PREPARE FOR NEET SS SURGERY EXAMINATION

The exam being scheduled in June, 2018; the aspirants need to gear up with meticulous revision of general surgery in 3 weeks and 3.5 weeks each for super-speciality field chosen.

Books for preparation for General Surgery NEET SS (40% Questions)

 

Books for preparation of Super Specialty for NEET SS (60% Questions)

Books for MCh Urology Preparation

Textbook: Campbell Urology Text Book

MCQ Books:

  • Campbell-Walsh Urology 11th Edition Review
  • Postgraduate Urology Entrance Review (PGIMER) Fully Solved Question Papers 2015-2001 by Barapatre Yogesh Rameshrao

Books for MCh Neurosurgery Preparation

Textbook: Greenberg Rapid Review of Neurosurgery: A Companion to the 8th Edition

MCQ Books:

  • Nimhans Pg Medical Entrance Test 12ed 2017
  • CBS: DM/Mch Neurology and Neurosurgery: Entrance Examination: 3rd Edition
  • Objective Study of Neurosurgery by Jaiswal
  • Review of Neurosurgery by Prakash khetan

 

Books for MCh Surgical Gastroenterology and MCh Hepato Pancreatico Biliary Surgery Preparation

Textbook: Shackelford's Surgery of the Alimentary Tract

MCQ Books:

 

Books for MCh Plastic Surgery Preparation

Textbook: Key Clinical Topics In Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

MCQ Books:

  • Self Assessment & Review Plastic Surgery by Chandra Agarwal
  • CBS Mch Burns And Plastic Surgery by M S Shatia

Books for MCh CTVS Preparation

Textbook: Cardiothoracic Surgery (Oxford Specialist Handbooks in Surgery)

MCQs Books:

  • CBS Mch Cardiothoracic Surgery Entrance Examination 3E

 

Books for MCh Paediatric Surgery Preparation

Textbook: Key Clinical Topics in Paediatric Surgery

MCQ Books:

  • Mch Entrance Examination Paediatric Surgery by M S Bhatia
  • Absite Review Questions: Paediatric Surgery

 

Books for MCh Surgical Oncology Preparation

Textbook: Cancer Principles & Practice Of Oncology by Vincent T. DeVita

MCQ books:

 

With the latest books in hand, thorough revision and practising with our test series, be assured to achieve good results.

Stay tuned for more updates.

We are here to guide you in your ladder to success.

Good Luck !

Download the New PrepLadder App

Related Articles

Keeping pace with DNB SS (Super Specialty) centralized counseling 2018, we would like to share a recent [ ... ]

Read more...

NEET-SS stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Super Specialty Courses which is conducted [ ... ]

Read more...

With a view to keep you updated about the counseling schedule for admission to DNB SS courses for Jan [ ... ]

Read more...

As per the bond introduced by the Tamil Nadu, a candidate opting for courses at medical colleges is [ ... ]

Read more...

Here is an important update for the candidates preparing for NEET-SS 2018.

National Board has announced [ ... ]

Read more...