NEET SS Medicine will be the single gateway to all DM Medicine Super Specialties in July 2017.
Since NEET SS is happening for the first time, a lot of candidates are anxious about the pattern of the exam.
In this blog we will try to predict the pattern of NEET SS Medicine.
But first, let us look at some details that have been released in the official notification.
Exam Date: NEET SS Medicine will be conducted on 10th June.
Number of questions: 200
Time allotted: 2.5 hours
Eligibility criteria: MD /DNB (General Medicine)
Negative marking: 25% negative marking for incorrect answer. No negative marking for unattempted questions.
Specialty branches available: Clinical Hematology, Pulmonary Medicine, Nephrology, Medical, Oncology, Medical Gastroenterology, Cardiology, Neurology, Rheumatology, Endocrinology
Note: There will be no separate exam for each of these branches. Only one NEET SS Medicine exam will be conducted and all the branches will be awarded in a joint counseling process according to the merit list.
NEET SS Medicine will be MD Medicine exit level and will contain questions from all these specialties.
Predictions by PrepLadder:
Since NEET SS will also be conducted by NBE, there will be similarities between DNB CET SS and NEET SS pattern.
Hence, these predictions have been charted after looking at previous year’s DNB CET SS exam.
1. The difficulty level of exam will be on the higher side.
2. The exam will be based on 19th edition of Harrison.
3. 15- 20% questions will be direct repeats from AA or Mudit Khanna.
4. Around 30-35% questions will be recall based.
5. 65-70% questions will require clear understanding of the topic.
6. 15% questions will be from Pediatrics.
7. CVS and Neurology will be the most asked sections in the exam.
8. Questions will be somewhat familiar but options will be confusing, make sure you read each and every option carefully before answering.
9. Completing 200 questions in 150 minutes will be your biggest challenge during the exam. Make sure you keep an eye on the timer and pace yourself accordingly.
PrepLadder is conducting the most competitive All India NEET SS simulation exam on 3rd June.
Features of the free exam:
- Questions on expected NEET SS pattern.
- More than 5,000 expected competitors.
- Same software as the real NEET SS.
- All India ranking and percentile.
- Tips to improve scores in real NEET SS.
Test yourself before NEET SS tests you. Click here to register now.
More NEET SS tips and updates will follow.
Stay tuned to PrepLadder.